Frequently Asked Questions
• It provides a higher strength-to-weight ratio than traditional materials such as steel and aluminium.
• Has a low thermal expansion but with a high tolerance.
• Highly resistant to corrosive chemicals.
• Engineered correctly it is a very stiff, hard wearing material.
• Very versatile and can be used for complex shapes and designs.
• An attractive appearance and can be used in many different colours.
• Can be integrated with other materials such as steel, wood, plastics and concrete.
We work with a range of different prepreg materials depending on the customer requirements. We can process a range of carbon, glass and aramid fibres alongside an array of different resin systems to ensure both your aesthetic and performance needs are met.
Polar Manufacturing is part of Group Polar.
Polar Manufacturing can help with a number of different engineering functions:
- CNC Machining
- Spray Coating
- 3D Laser Scanning
These capabilities can be utilised individually or as a full turn key solution to your enquiry.
Polar Manufacturing is certified to ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016. Read more about our certifications here.
Files can be received in many formats, preferably STEP or IGES. For 2D information, DXF is preferred.
Polar Manufacturing uses Siemens NX software.
For single or multiple parts the same upfront development and procedures need to be undertaken. This includes design, tooling, R&D and documentation. Once passed to production there is also templating and kitting required. MOQs on materials and consumables also affect price. For these reasons, volume production becomes more effective.
Any prepreg composite part would need to be processed through our autoclave. The heat and pressure of the autoclave environment mean suitable tooling is required. This can either be epoxy tooling board for master patterns and prototypes, carbon moulds or metallic.
Polar Manufacturing is happy to review and sign NDAs with all our customers ensuring IP is maintained.