Role: Senior Financial Position
Hours: Part time - Circa two days per week (preferably Wednesday & Thursday)
Salary: TBA – dependant on days / hours worked
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Norwich, NR5
Polar Manufacturing Limited (Polar) is a manufacturer of carbon fibre and composite components incorporating design, scanning, machining and coating at their facility in Norwich, Norfolk. Polar serves a broad spectrum of industry sectors which includes Defence, Automotive, Sport & Leisure, Communications, Alternative Energy, Marine and Medical.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be working alongside the Operations Director with the opportunity to apply your skills within the fast pace manufacturing industry.
Role Summary / Overview:
- Monthly management accounts
- Monthly standard cost reporting, on operational performance
- Monthly presentations to Management team
- Cash management – 12-week daily rolling forecast
- Capital evaluation (pre purchase and post)
- Cost centre, departmental review
- Liaising with financial institutions
- Producing short- and long-term projections & forecasts
Oversee and Monitor:
- Accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Monthly reconciliation of the control accounts
- P11d preparation and distribution
- Review of the statutory returns (VAT and PAYE)
Individual / Experience:
- Fully qualified member of a professional accountancy body
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in manufacturing
- Computer literate – Excel essential, sage line 50 accounts preferable
- Accurate, detailed, but able to deliver requirements under pressure and deal with detail transactional aspects
- Resilient and self-motivated
- Be discrete and confidential
- Ability to work to fast deadlines, work with senior management team and provide or present data with clarity
- Proactive in making change happen within the finance function
- Able to forge effective working relationships across the senior management of the business
- Reliable, flexible, diplomatic but forceful when required
What can we offer you?
- Generous basic salary
- Fantastic team environment
- Private Healthcare Insurance (after one-year of service)
- Company Pension
- 23 days holiday + Bank holidays (prorate)
If you wish to apply for the role of Senior Accountant / Finance Manager please send a copy of your up-to-date CV to email@example.com
Polar Manufacturing is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: If you have not heard from us in two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
- If you have any queries or would like to apply, please contact Neil Dyke on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1603 984850.