Role: Quality Engineer
Hours: Monday to Friday 07:30 - 16:30
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Norwich, NR5
Polar Manufacturing Limited (Polar) is a manufacturer of carbon fibre and composite components incorporating design, scanning, machining and coating at their facility in Norwich, Norfolk. Polar serves a broad spectrum of industry sectors which includes Defence, Automotive, Sport & Leisure, Communications, Alternative Energy, Marine and Medical.
Having moved to a new facility the Quality Engineer role is required to maintain a very high standard of product quality, traceability and ongoing improvement throughout the business.
- Providing supplier qualifications, material issue resolution, driving supplier corrective actions, component/BOM validation, supplier audits, and maintain the approved supplier list
- Liaising with customers to understand and resolve quality issues and report back to Engineering
- Maintaining equipment calibration
- Drive corrective and preventive action program, from initiation to resolution
- Drive scrap-reduction and cost-saving initiatives
- Visit suppliers to conduct on-site audits
- Review on-going quality standards for individual projects
- Manage the quality factors for New Product Introductions
- Ensure all requirements and visual quality standards are maintained
- Troubleshoot new and existing product problems involving designs, materials or processes
- Determine the root causes of failure using appropriate analysis tools
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards
- Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximise product reliability, efficiency and cost
- Present internal Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and meetings to communicate quality activities
Technical skills and work experience:
- Previous experience in a Quality role
- Ideal candidate will have a full working knowledge of APQP process, Work Instructions/Process Sheets, Control Plans, Analysis Reporting, Calibration and Limit Samples
- Must be PC proficient using MS Office Suite
- Require knowledge of ISO standards
- Ability to utilise Six Sigma tools to resolve product/process issues
- Must be a team player and work well with others
- Able to effectively handle multiple activities simultaneously
- Work effectively with minimal supervision
- Tactful, calm and considered in various potentially unprepared scenarios
- Comfortable and confident to present internally and externally
- Able to communicate effectively to internal staff regarding quality issues and expectations to meet and exceed customer requirements
- Ability to travel, sometime at short notice
- A pro-active, punctual, positive and can-do day-to-day approach
- Good telephone manners
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join the team at Polar as they advance through an exciting stage of the business’s growth.
Polar Manufacturing is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: If you have not heard from us in two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
- If you have any queries or would like to apply, please contact Loreta Ambrizaite on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1603 984850.