Role: Facilities Janitor
Hours: Part time / up to 20 hours per week (flexible)
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Norwich, NR5
Polar Manufacturing Limited (Polar) is a manufacturer of carbon fibre and composite components incorporating design, scanning, machining and coating at their facility in Norwich, Norfolk. Polar serves a broad spectrum of industry sectors which includes Defence, Automotive, Sport & Leisure, Communications, Alternative Energy, Marine and Medical.
The Janitor will be responsible for cleaning and sanitising offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, kitchen and public areas.
- General janitorial duties throughout meeting rooms, public reception area, corridors, toilets, shower rooms, kitchen and outside yard/car park, landscape maintenance and any other areas requiring attention to meet the needs of the business
- General cleaning duties to include vacuuming, dusting, emptying bins, polishing of surfaces, replenishing consumables, mopping of areas, operating cleaning equipment and moving furniture and other related duties as required to meet the needs of the business
- Undertake all aspects of general daily janitor duties including vacuuming, dusting, wet wiping, mopping, meeting rooms, kitchen and toilet/shower room facilities ensuring all scheduled tasks are done to a high standard
- Operate cleaning equipment, dishwashers etc. Use cleaning materials as required in accordance with Health and Safety requirements and training. The observation of health and safety guidelines at all times is a critical element of the role
- To report any concerns or issues to a Manager immediately for action e.g. broken equipment or health and safety breaches etc.
- As a term of your employment you are required to be flexible and be able to do any reasonable request made by a manager that is within their skill set and knowledge. This may require a change of work tasks/areas with no prior notice given to meet the needs of the business
- Wear a clean uniform and ensure the appropriate footwear is worn at all times while on duty
- Ensure adequate stock of cleaning materials and equipment required to do the work
Skills and experience required:
- Experience of cleaning required
- Must be able to read or follow basic instructions on the use of cleaning materials or the operation of standard cleaning equipment or machinery and possess good communication skills including understanding/accepting instructions
- Must be able to organise/prioritise own time to meet individual, time-bound work schedules
- Knowledge of the proper uses of a variety of special cleaning and sanitising equipment
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Capacity to take direction
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work positively as a team member, helping others as required
- Fit to carry out a broad range of janitorial duties which will include bending, walking, pushing, lifting, working at heights, repetitive tasks and handling equipment
What can we offer you?
- Generous basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday + bank holidays (pro rata)
- Private Health Insurance
- Company pension
- Fantastic team environment
If you wish to apply for the role as Facilities Janitor please send a copy of your up-to-date CV.
Polar Manufacturing is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: If you have not heard from us in two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
- If you have any queries or would like to apply, please contact Loreta Ambrizaite on email@example.com or call +44 (0)1603 984850.