Role: Production Manager
Hours: Monday to Friday 07:00 - 16:00
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Norwich, NR5
Polar Manufacturing Limited (Polar) is a manufacturer of carbon fibre and composite components incorporating design, scanning, machining and coating at their facility in Norwich, Norfolk. Polar serves a broad spectrum of industry sectors which includes Defence, Automotive, Sport & Leisure, Communications, Alternative Energy, Marine and Medical.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be accountable for all production items whilst overseeing the team, ensuring the highest standards are achieved.
- Managing Production and ensuring Quality targets are met through KPI’s
- Schedules and meetings with productive staff
- Working with the Engineering Department to manage the workflow from PO receipt, first off and into production
- Producing time-lines to present internally and to clients with re negotiation as necessary
- Assessing project and resource requirements (capacity)
- Making sure quality control standards are upheld, working closely with the Quality Engineer
- Ensuring health and safety standards are maintained and correct PPE is worn
- Focusing on continuous improvement to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce non-conformances
- Promptly and effectively resolving any NCR issues raised, ensuring root cause analysis is undertaken and issues have the appropriate immediate and long-term corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Populating and presenting KPI’s and other relevant information to Operational Team
- Managing budgets and preparing reports
- Overseeing the planning and implementation of full learning and development cycle for staff, ensuring people are fully skilled and regularly assessed to be able to perform their jobs to the highest ability
- Compiling reports and information to monitor trends and provide insightful information to assist in decision making
- Supporting HR with recruitment and annual reviews. Undertaking ‘Return to Work’ interviews, monitoring productivity, managing misconduct and signing off annual leave
- Developing the department in all areas including processes and staff development
- Supporting and advising on the routine maintenance of production equipment
- Working with stores to meet logistical challenges
- Implementing the company’s culture, policies and goals
Skills and experience required:
- Strong leadership and communication skills across all departments, suppliers and customers with the ability to present to peers when required
- Capable of multi-tasking whilst working calmly under pressure and motivating others to meet deadlines
- Able to plan effectively whilst being flexible at short notice
- An ability to approach problems in a logical, systematic manner
- Proven and effective team management skills
- Good organisational skills with an ability to influence staff showing authority when required
- Good skills in numeracy, literacy and IT with competence in an MRP system preferable
- Proven track record as a strong production Manager/Supervisor
- Engineering background with experience in composites preferable
- Focused on continuous improvement, efficiencies and LEAN processes
- Budgetary/financial awareness
- Knowledge and experience of employee relations (HR), lean sigma and Health & Safety is highly advantageous
- The successful candidate will be a hands-on leader and enjoy working in a fast-moving environment with the confidence, ability and drive to recommend and help implement change effectively
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to grow their existing career working on exciting projects with fascinating materials in a dynamic environment.
Polar Manufacturing are seeking an individual who shows natural leadership and motivational qualities whilst demonstrating a proven Production/Operations track record.
What can we offer you?
- Generous basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- Private Health Insurance
- Company pension
- Fantastic team environment
If you wish to apply for the role as Production Manager please send a copy of your up-to-date CV.
Polar Manufacturing is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: If you have not heard from us in two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
- If you have any queries or would like to apply, please contact Loreta Ambrizaite on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1603 984850.