Role: Project Design Engineer
Hours: Monday to Friday 07:30 – 16:30
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Norwich, NR5
Polar Manufacturing Limited (Polar) is a manufacturer of carbon fibre and composite components incorporating design, scanning, machining and coating at their facility in Norwich, Norfolk. Polar serves a broad spectrum of industry sectors which includes Defence, Automotive, Sport & Leisure, Communications, Alternative Energy, Marine and Medical.
Reporting to Technical Business Development Manager you will be accountable for all project activities, from the receipt of initial order through to the end of the project(s).
- Assisting with planning of project activities and budget monitoring
- Creation and delivery of project timelines
- Working with the client to ensure effective and efficient implementation of projects
- Preparation of documentation as required by the customer
- Liaison with the client and suppliers on a regular basis
- Attendance at clients' sites for customer support
Skills and experience required:
- Automotive background would be an advantage
- Familiar with composite and Automotive terminology
- Technically minded – Problem assessment and solving
- PC Literate with experience of Microsoft Office Products in particular Word, Excel & Outlook
- Organised and able to follow a project through tooling, first offs and customer sign off with accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with one of the widely-used 3D CAD systems (SolidWorks, Catia, Creo etc.)
- Experience of project management
- Analytical, enthusiastic, self-motivated and strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What can we offer you?
- Generous basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- Private Health Insurance
- Company pension
- Fantastic team environment
If you wish to apply for the role as Project Design Engineer please send a copy of your up-to-date CV.
Polar Manufacturing is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: If you have not heard from us in two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
- If you have any queries or would like to apply, please contact Loreta Ambrizaite on email@example.com or call +44 (0)1603 984850.