Role: General Manager
Hours: As required
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Norwich, NR5
Polar Manufacturing Ltd and Polar Design & Engineering Ltd form part of the Group Polar Ltd list of companies.
Group Polar Ltd is a manufacturer of carbon fibre and composite components incorporating engineering, design, scanning, machining and coating at their facility in Norwich, Norfolk. Polar serves a broad spectrum of industry sectors which includes: Automotive, Defence, Sport & Leisure, Communications, Alternative Energy, Marine and Medical.
The General Manager is a critical role within the business, reporting to the Group CEO and working alongside the Group Financial Controller, you will be accountable for the site and all day-to-day operations.
We are looking for a self-motivated, results-driven dynamic General Manager to direct and manage the organisation’s business activities and to implement and drive the business strategies. You will need to demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing the business functions and assist the organisation in maintaining and creating first class customer relationships, generating new business, increasing staff productivity and ensuring sustainability and strategic objectives.
Responsibilities to include:
- Implementing business strategy – Mission Vision & Values
- Allocating budget resource
- Formulating and implementing policies
- Coordinating business operations and managing costs
- Implement lean manufacturing
- Monitoring, managing and motivating staff – setting KPI’s
- Improving administrations processes and engaging with suppliers
- Recruitment of staff and development of management team
- Identifying business opportunities
- Implement bespoke ERP system
- Improving revenue – increasing GP / Net profit
- Creating a safety behaviour culture
Skills and experience required:
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong work ethic – lead by example
- Preferred but not essential – engineering background
- 5-7 years’ experience in a previous General Manager role
- Minimum – Diploma / ILM level 5 in Management
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proactive nature
- Good knowledge of different business functions
- Preferred – SME background
The successful candidate for this role will possess excellent communication skills, superior business acumen with exceptional budgeting and finance skills. As well as strong leadership and nurturing skills to develop a young but very talented team.
What can we offer you?
- Generous basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- Private Health Insurance
- Company pension
- Fantastic team environment
If you wish to apply for the role as General Manager please send a copy of your up-to-date CV to email@example.com
Polar Manufacturing is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: If you have not heard from us in two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.