Role: Finance Manager
Hours: Monday to Thursday 08:00am - 16:30pm/Friday 08:00am - 15:30pm
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Norwich, NR5
Polar Manufacturing Limited (Polar) is a manufacturer of carbon fibre and composite components incorporating design, scanning, machining and coating at their facility in Norwich, Norfolk. Polar serves a broad spectrum of industry sectors which includes Defence, Automotive, Sport & Leisure, Communications, Alternative Energy, Marine and Medical.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be working alongside the Operations Manager with the opportunity to apply your skills within the fast pace manufacturing industry.
Role Summary / Overview:
- Build the finance department within Polar and develop a team within
- Running the finances for the Group and its subsidiaries
- Managing the day to day finances for each business
- Running the bank account(s)
- Managing Cash Flow
- Producing Management Accounts
- Overseeing purchasing and sign off
- Overseeing CAPEX
- Producing annual accounts and working with auditors
- Managing creditors
- Overseeing chasing debtors
- Payroll (within six months)
- Cost cutting exercises and incentives
- Working with bank and other lenders as required
- Supporting business ventures with financial data and backup
Individual / Experience:
- Fully Qualified Member of a Professional accountancy body
- Computer literate – Excel essential, sage line 50 accounts preferable
- Accuracy, detailed, but able to deliver requirements under pressure. Must be able to work at the role level, and deal with detail transactional aspects
- Resilient and self-motivated
- Be discrete and confidential
- Ability to work to fast deadlines, needs to be able to influence senior managers with well-presented facts and argument. Needs to be proactive in making change happen within the finance function.
- Able to forge effective working relationships across the senior management of the business
- Reliable, flexible, diplomatic but forceful when required
- Prepared for some international travel
What can we offer you?
- Generous basic salary
- Fantastic team environment
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- Company Pension
- 23 days holiday + Bank holidays
If you wish to apply for the role of Financial Manager please send a copy of your up-to-date CV.
Polar Manufacturing is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: If you have not heard from us in two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
- If you have any queries or would like to apply, please contact Loreta Ambrizaite on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1603 984850.