Role: Composite Inspector
Hours: Monday to Thursday 07:30 - 16:30 / Friday 07:30 – 15:30
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Norwich, NR5
Polar Manufacturing Limited (Polar) is a manufacturer of carbon fibre and composite components incorporating design, scanning, machining and coating at their facility in Norwich, Norfolk. Polar serves a broad spectrum of industry sectors which includes Defence, Automotive, Sport & Leisure, Communications, Alternative Energy, Marine and Medical.
Reporting to the Quality Engineer you will be responsible for all in-process and final inspection activities along with assisting in the development of a fast paced, customer focused quality department.
- Inspecting parts to visual and dimensional standards, ensuring that customer specifications are met
- Accurately documenting reject and rework activities
- Process manufacturing inspection data to drive improvement activities
- Assist in the verification of tooling with use of laser scanning equipment
- Work with operational staff to ensure procedures, standards and systems are maintained, improved and monitored
- Working with suppliers to correct/prevent product issues
Skills and experience required:
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- A good eye for detail
- Methodical and organised
- Use of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Use of measuring equipment desirable (digital callipers, micrometers, CMM, Creoform MetraSCAN or similar 3D scanning equipment)
- Previous experience of working in a Quality/CI environment
- Carbon fibre knowledge desirable
- Working knowledge of management systems – ISO9001, IATF 16969
- Working knowledge of automotive core tools desirable
The successful candidate shall demonstrate:
- Dynamic, pro-active, punctual, positive and can-do day to day approach
- An ability to work and organise workload independently and as part of team
- Willingness to provide flexibility to support the company’s manufacturing patterns
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
What can we offer you?
- Generous basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- Private Health Insurance
- Company pension
- Fantastic team environment
If you wish to apply for the role of Composite Inspector please send a copy of your up-to-date CV.
Polar Manufacturing is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: If you have not heard from us in two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
- If you have any queries or would like to apply, please contact Loreta Ambrizaite on email@example.com or call +44 (0)1603 984850.